Sometimes you might want or need to send your customers invoices in PDF format, but WooCommerce doesn’t provide such specific functionality.
So, WooCommerce generates the invoices for all orders placed in your store but it doesn’t offer the options to generate PDF invoices on the fly.
Sometimes you might need to provide the PDF version of the invoices for your customers or to generate and print the product slips. But, there is no option for it inside the default WooCommerce installation.
How to send PDF invoices in WooCommerce
In this case you might need to extend the default capabilities of WooCommerce by installing the plugin for it.
WordPress repository hosts a couple of free WooCommerce PDF invoice and package slips plugins you can install and use.
This is an easy to use plugin that will automatically generate and send PDF invoices to customers with package slips.
The free version of the plugin offers full control over the look and feel of your invoices. You can also configure the automatic PDF attachments.
Plugin also adds the options to download the PDF invoices and package slips from My Account page in WooCommerce.
There is a lot more options included in the free version as well.
The plugin comes with some paid extensions that can be useful for larger stores.
Some of other extension include:
- Ability to PDF Proforma Invoices, Credit Notes used for Refunds,
- The extension to email Packing Slips,
- Automatic upload to Dropbox
- Automatically send new orders or packing slips to your printer, as soon as the customer orders!
- WooCommerce Automatic Order Printing via Simba
- More advanced & stylish templates included in the PRO version
All in all, easy to use and setup plugin with a lots of free features.
This is another free WooCommerce PDF Invoice and packing slip plugin with the ability to print and/or send PDF Invoices to customters.
This is also a great and easy to use plugin with all needed options to style and customize your invoices.
Some of the key plugin feature are:
- Customize your Store Logo, Email Invoice and PDF Invoice, Packing Slip, Delivery Note, Shipping Label & Dispatch Label.
- Download PDF invoice from order admin page
- Bulk prints all labels from the orders page
- Send Invoice PDF by email
- Ability to download PDF invoices from My account page in WooCommerce
- Generate and print PDF Shipping Label, PDF Packing Slip, PDF Delivery Note, PDF Dispatch Label, and PDF Invoice.
- Auto-generate customized Invoice Number with provision to set prefix, suffix as well as padding
- Preview before printing
The plugin support RTL and its available in many languages.
This is yet another WooCommerce PDF Invoice and packages slip plugin with the ability to automatically generate and send invoices to customers.
The plugin is simple and easy to use. It comes with some basic templates to choose from and there is also an option to create your own custom PDF invoice templates.
Main plugin features:
- Automatically attach invoice PDF to WooCommerce emails of your choice
- Download the PDF invoice/packing slip from the order admin page
- Generate PDF invoices/packings slips
- Fully customizable HTML/CSS invoice templates
- Download invoices from the My Account page in WooCommerce
- Sequential invoice numbers – with custom formatting
The plugin has the Premium version that includes many useful extension like uploading the PDF invoices to cloud storage, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.
Ability to integrate with 3rd party plugins and many more.
So, the best and easiest way to send PDF invoices to your customers and generate package slips is to install some of those three most popular plugins from the WordPress repository. Any of these plugins will help you automate your store, print, and send your PDF invoices using WooCommerce.